Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Invasion of Henry Louis

Johnson & Johnson got it right - having a baby does change everything.  In fact, the expectation of having a baby changes everything.  Beginning with that spare bedroom [now Henry's nursery] we weren't really using, except for the storage of random stuff we didn't have any other place for....

 My sweet husband, beginning to take the room apart with the removal of the fan.

 With the help of my mother, Paul had the ceiling painted white and walls edged.

 Finished paint and preparation for window treatments.

 My wonderful parents helping us get the nursery finalized.

And finally,the finished product.....


 (How awesome is my Mom? She helped me pick out the fabric, and then designed and made this bedding!)



Henry even managed to take over our Master bedroom before he arrived.   


The coolest part about this crib is that it was made by my Dad and Papa while my Mom was pregnant with my older sister.  So while it breaks my heart that my Papa never got to meet the love of my life or my precious new child, I do still think of him every night when I put Henry to bed. 


And finally, the last picture we took of my gigantic self before I checked into the hospital to have Henry on October 3rd.

37 Weeks.

Pictures of Henry Louis to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment