Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

2 Months Old!


Henry is 2 months old today, and Paul and I sometimes still have a hard time believing we're parents.  Time has absolutely flown by!  This month has been so much fun, though, because Henry's little personality has really started to come out.  He has shown no signs of wanting to roll over or pick his fat head up during tummy time.  In fact, during tummy time, he'd rather just scream face down the entire time if he doesn't fall asleep first, as demonstrated below.


In spite of refusing to properly do his neck exercises, he has really started to smile, laugh, and talk.  I will gladly admit that I'm wrong later, but I'm going to have a hard time believing that any milestone is as heartwarming as that first, on purpose, smile.  I absolutely could have just died of happiness. 


Henry has chosen to smile more at certain people than others.  Obviously, he smiles at Paul and me.  He also smiles at his Papa.  And for whatever reason, he thought his Great-uncle Frank was hysterical.


He's been very stubborn with Gigi, however, which has been a semi-source of entertainment for the rest of us.  As of December 1st, she was convinced that he had not smiled at her (though I have documented proof that he smiled at her before December 1st).

November 21st smile at Gigi.

Though he has been stingy with his Gigi smiles until the 1st, he finally decided to stop testing her patience and truly started buttering her up. Smart man, Henry, smart man.


(please excuse the fuzziness - I forgot to focus the video in attempt to capture the moment).

I can't wait to see what this next month holds for us.  My guess is a lot of drool, as he's started to chew on anything that gets near his mouth.....


Poor little guy can't really get much besides his hands to his mouth, so he currently resorts to shirts and bibs that accidentally get shoved in the general area around his mouth.  But before he grows up any more, I keep reminding myself to enjoy every last second of the cuddling.  If his current squirminess is any indication of what he'll be like as a toddler, we think this little guy is going to be running around non-stop once he figures out how to move on his own.


And seriously, how could you not want to cuddle with this little guy?

No comments:

Post a Comment