Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

9 Months! And a lot of ice.

Walter seemingly turned into a fully mobile 9-month-old overnight.  Nothing is safe. Especially Walter.  He is innocently into everything, but seems especially drawn to the ribbon on our Christmas tree and outlets.  And the child doesn't sit still like he used to....

Only semi-decent picture we could get.
We tried to pull one of our cars into our driveway (slight incline), and it was a major fail.  Paul decided to try and scrape the driveway with a shovel.... I decided to dig out a sled Rubbermaid lid.
Yes, we're classy.  And since I grew up with snow, ice, and an various choices in sleds (I mean, we even had a sled with a steering wheel), I was thankful for the first time that we have alleys so no one could see us except a 2 neighbors who were brave enough to drive in this stuff.

When you're trapped inside for 3 days with a 2-year-old who needs to run and run and run, you start getting desperate for activities.  I think I've assembled one gingerbread house in my life, and I think I only did that one because it was an American Girl gingerbread house.  I'm pretty sure there was a solid year or two I wanted to be Samantha.  Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a picky eater - I'm allergic to a lot of stuff, but typically, if I'm not allergic, I like it.  Gingerbread, I do not like.  I think it's a poor mans sugar cookie.  Why decorate nasty gingerbread when you can decorate sugar cookies and then consume them?  Much more sensible.  But when I found this on the store shelf, it was a much purchase for our train-obsessed child.  
 
 I wish I had a video to share of me trying to assemble this stupid thing. Epic failure. I mean, epic. So instead of decorating a 3-D train, we decorated two 2-D trains! :)
 
Ummm... doesn't quite look like the box.


Henry didn't care.  He was quite proud of his trains, and wants to look at them every time he comes in the kitchen.
Meanwhile, this little guy is wandering around trying to get into stuff.  Here, he's trying to figure out how to get into the diaper bags.  He hasn't figured out how to fully pull himself up - on a good day, he can get up on his knees, but that's hit-or-miss right now.
Yes, that wet spot on the floor is drool. I swear my children drool 10x more than an average child.
Poor, poor Oscar.  Never safe.  Walter got so excited he made it over to Oscar to pet him he headbutted him. Ha!
Since I'm getting ready to brave the roads for work this morning (school is cancelled again today), fingers are crossed Paul's able to take these two out somewhere for them to run around.  Kiddos are feeling a little cooped up.

No comments:

Post a Comment