Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Rollin', rollin', rollin'...


Our boy has gotten so big!! Sometimes we forget how little he is, which can result in us doing things like putting him in his jogging stroller long before he's ready (please note the extremely loose shoulder straps).  Fortunately, Paul was only testing it out for a walk, and didn't have his heart set on a run yet.  Maybe he'll be ready for a light jog next month......

 

Chewing is his new favorite hobby.  He generally prefers toys, but decided Gigi's finger would do since there weren't any toys within reach.



And although I've kinda sorta maybe come to terms with the fact that I can't stay home with Henry, I continually remind myself of our blessed situation.  The daycare Henry attends is run by Paul's school, and is in a small little house right across the street.  Paul drops him off, picks him up, and runs by to see him every day at lunch.  My only rule is that Paul has to send me a daily lunch picture.  95% of the time, Henry is doing one of his two favorite things:

Sleeping, or

 Eating!

The girls at the Baby House take such good care of my child, and I couldn't be more thankful!  Henry has one other male friend in the infant room, Sebastian.


They are heavily outnumbered by girls, though, so these two are going to have to stick together and hold their own.

On a much, much, much more exciting note, Paul and I witnessed little bit rolling over for the first time tonight!!  I can't remember the last time I squealed like that!  Every night when we're getting him ready for bed, we have to grease the little monkey up to make sure his eczema stays under control.  I always have to roll him on his tummy to make sure I get one super sensitive spot on his lower back.  


The past few nights, he's been leaning a lot to one side, and tonight, we decided to take him off of his changing table and put him on the flat floor to see what he could do.  Before I could even get my stupid iPhone to think about waking up so I could videotape it, he'd flipped right onto his back! Yay!!  He did it a few more times in a row, which leads me to believe that he figured this trick out a while ago at daycare and was just holding out on us.  Fortunately, the girls at daycare have kept this one to themselves, so Paul and I will pretend we saw him roll for the first time.  But really, deep down, we are reassured that whatever they're doing at ESD's Baby House is some sort of magic.  Before he started daycare, I seriously thought this stubborn child would be doing tummy time and screaming the whole time at 2 years old!

So when I have rough days - rough days that only fellow working Mamas can understand - I continually remind myself of the wonderful situation we're in and the developmental pluses that come with daycare.

But really, the only thing that gets me through the day is knowing I get to come home to these two. 


The two loves of my life.



1 comment:

  1. So precious! Seriously in need of seeing this child soon!

    ReplyDelete