Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Allergic.

Yesterday was a day for baking. There were a few bananas that were past the eating point (Paul and I won't eat a banana unless they're slightly green), so banana bread was in order. And while the mixer was out, why not make some chocolate chip cookies? Henry helped me dump in ingredients and was fascinated by the mixer. 

 
He's not an adventurous eater, so I wasn't sure of he would even try cookie dough on the spatula.
Kid didn't even hesitate. It's like he could sense the deliciousness....
As you can see, I didn't give him much.  This is a good thing because within minutes, the poor kid was scratching his hands and eyes. It appears, like his mother when she was a child, Henry is allergic to raw eggs. Whoops!  I could always eat things where the eggs were cooked, but give me any kind of batter, cream pies, etc., and I was miserable for hours.  I mean, seriously, look at his right eye. Poor kid!
So the baby has been on Tylenol and Advil all week for his fever, and once he's finally better, I'm drugging him up with Benadryl.  That stuff is amazing!  Within 30 minutes, he was running around and was no longer swollen.  Granted, he was way off balance and went to bed super early, but his swelling and itching disappeared.  I'm so glad to live in the 21st century and have access to all our medications - they're miraculous!!
 
Walter wasn't phased by all the excitement.  In fact, he seemed to find it exhausting. :)
Here's hoping my youngest didn't inherit my allergy genes......

No comments:

Post a Comment