Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Living in the 'burbs

While the commute can be a beating, Paul and I truly love living in the suburbs.  There's so much fun stuff to do, and most importantly, most of it is free!  On Saturday, we took full advantage - we started with the Art Walk in McKinney (where it appears I didn't take a single picture).  Henry loved being out and about, but was out cold within minutes of being loaded in the car.  
We pushed on, though, and decided to enjoy eating outside.  Walter enjoyed the weather as much as we did!
Henry woke up without a fight, and loved eating outside while watching the other children play in the fountain/splash park.
We didn't really come prepared, but I decided to strip him down to shorts and a diaper.  We figured we could take him home sporting a diaper if he got really soaked.
While he looks really brave here, running towards the water, he did NOT like it once he got wet with freezing cold water.  He came running back at a full sprint.  I could not stop laughing!
 
After a full morning, we went home so Henry could get a good nap.  Turns out all three of my boys got a nice afternoon nap in...
After naptime, we decided we needed a froyo date.  Fortunately for Henry, there's froyo right across the parking lot from a play village.  What little boy doesn't want to eat ice cream and then go play on a caboose?!?




Surprise, surprise - Walter slept through the entire ordeal. :)
And just to give a brief update on both my boys, Mr. Walter has exceeded 4 hours of sleep TWICE so far this week. Hallelujah!!  Sunday night, we got 5.5 hours out of him, and last night, we got 6 hours and 20 minutes!!!!!  He may have gone a little longer, but I got up to check on him when he coughed.  While I was up, I decided to go ahead and feed him so I didn't climb in bed only to be woken up right as I entered a new REM cycle (selfish, I know).  So proud of this little guy!!  His Mama may start to feel more like a human before long!

Our current excitement with Henry is his new love for the word, "No!" He's been shaking his head yes and no for months, but just started saying "No!" on Thursday.  Poor kid decided to let me know he'd learned the word last Thursday when I asked him to go to the bathroom so we could get his bath.  Telling his Mama "No!" and walking the opposite direction did not turn out like I think he imagined it would.  I've now spent the last 5 days trying to teach him "No sir" and "No ma'am" - I'll let you know when that finally catches on.

No comments:

Post a Comment