Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Helmet Head

I have a stinky teenage boy living in my home.  Wait, that's still a few years off.  So what's that smell...?

Yup, that's right, I now have a child that lives in a helmet 23 hours a day.  It is heartbreaking - I can no longer spend hours a days rubbing and kissing on this child's sweet head, as there is now a large, plastic apparatus preventing such interactions.  I am only okay with this because of the large flat spot on the back right of Walter's head.  Walter doesn't have the best genetics when it comes to hair retention, so Paul and I figured we at least owed it to him to have a nice, round head when he starts balding at age 24.



This guy is such a little trooper, though. His fitting appointment was over 2 hours, and the child was entertained the entire time.  I forgot how fun this age is - they're interested in everything, and can be entertained by almost anything.
 
Wait. What do you MEAN I have to wear a helmet?!?
 But I don't WANT to wear a helmet!!!
 
 Oh. It's only temporary? Okay, let's do this!
 And if you're going to wear a helmet, you might as well make it cute, right?!?


 Big shout-out to Coree for creating such adorable and affordable decals!

And having no prior baby helmet experiences, I'm shocked at the level of sweat (and SMELL) this thing causes.  Walter's head is always soaking wet when we take it off.


And what's worse.... his head smells like big, stinky feet. So does the helmet!  Paul assures me that the smell is identical to that of a football locker room. There's just something so wrong about this precious child stinking!  Here's hoping the weather cools down so he's not miserable wearing this thing in the heat.  And here's hoping these next few months fly by!!!

But until then, here are a few of my cuties before church a few weeks ago.


And just for grins, here's Paul and his non-helmeted mini-me. Two of my three favorite people on the planet.


No comments:

Post a Comment