Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Aquarium

We took Henry (and Walter) to the Dallas World Aquarium for the first time earlier this week.  I'm not sure it really counts for Walter since there was a blanket covering the stroller the entire time we were looking at the animals.  For Henry, however, it was a HUGE success.  One of our friends gave Henry the ocean-themed Baby Einstein DVD, which he's watched [mostly in passing] many, many times.  He can identify almost as many ocean animals as land animals, so we suspected he would be excited to see "fishes," crabs, penguins, etc.  My mother was kind enough to come with us and help us maneuver all the stuff these kiddos come with!


We kept trying to point out various birds as we entered the Aquarium, but Henry wasn't quite sure where to look at first.


After we got inside, however, it was hard to get him to look at the camera - he was enthralled!


 




We loved the little owls! They were super active, and Henry loves to make "hoo" noises when we discuss owls at home.




Could not get over the size of the manatee! I was very impressed - I don't think I've ever seen one of these at an aquarium before.


And Henry has DEFINITELY warmed up to Walter.  When I asked whether he wanted to sit on the chair and take a picture with him, I got a vigorous head nod yes.  He actually looked at the camera and said "cheese!"  Shocker!


He also then decided to take a dive and give Walter a kiss on the forehead.  Like Paul's shocked expression in the background? I barely had time to take this photo before I threw the camera aside and rescued Walter. So blessed to have such sweet boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment