Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Visit from Aunt Gracie

So Aunt Gracie was sweet enough to take the weekend off last week to come visit her newest nephew.  While she really doesn't have time as she winds down her last year of residency and prepares to move for her fellowship, she still managed to come down to Texas for a few days. We were SO HAPPY to see her!!  Walter took no time getting comfortable with her.


Henry, on the other hand, never slowed down.  Since the weather was gorgeous, we took him to the park so he could wear himself out.  I love love love when they are old enough to go down the slide on their own and aren't such a danger to themselves on the playground!


Though I shouldn't speak too soon - Gracie and Clifton had to slam on the brakes on the swings as Henry decided to trot right in front of them mid-swing.  Crazy kid likes to live kamikaze-style, apparently.

 
Walter had a BIG time at the park.  He minded his own business, and ensured no one stole his diaper bag. :)


Walter also had his first outing last weekend when we took him to lunch.  My pediatrician would be mad - he told me at his last appointment that he couldn't even recommend us going to Easter service because of "the crowds." Ha! I'm sure he wouldn't approve of this outing or the fact that we've already taken Walter to church.  Walter behaved like a little gentleman.


How, you may wonder, did Henry behave?  I would say like a well behaved toddler.  While there was no temper tantrum, screaming, squealing, etc., there was turning in the high chair,

biting of napkins off the table (don't ask me), etc.


I did convince him to say, "Cheese!" though!
 
And somewhere along the way, my good camera got a horrific smudge on the lens.  Hmmm.... I wonder who the culprit could be?  Despite the horrible smudge (and my still showing baby weight), I absolutely love this picture of my family. Sad Lauren was working and couldn't be in it!!  So so so glad Gracie took time from her too busy schedule to come see us - we will continue to try and brainwash her that Dallas is the best place to live!!!


And what Mama doesn't love her oldest planting a big fat wet one on the newest member of the family?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment