Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

CIO

So I thought we would wait to sleep train Walter until I went back to work. Then I realized that poor Paul would be trying to chase Henry and sleep train Walter at the same time. Doesn't sound fun. Therefore, I decided to start trying today.

He typically doesn't fight sleep if we're on the go. I think he likes the movement, though oddly, he won't sleep in his swing at home. He prefers to be held and walked around. But this morning, when he started fussing cause he was sleepy, I decided to swaddle him, stick a pacifier in his mouth, and walk away. I then proceeded to vacuum because listening to your baby cry when you know you could comfort him is terrible. But he ended up unconscious in about 5-6 minutes. Poor kid wore himself out. And apparently kicked so hard while screaming that he freed his feet. :)

I'll count this as a success, but as we parents all know, when these kiddos make us proud, the next few times seem to be epic failures. Fingers crossed he catches on quickly, or my Dyson may get worn out....



No comments:

Post a Comment