Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Short Fuse.

For Day 3 of "What I love about Baby Walter," I absolutely love his little personality.  He is 98% cool, calm, and collected (eh-hem, Paul Meredith), and is 2% short-fused craziness (not sure WHERE that comes from). This baby is generally so relaxed, and is typically either smiling or sleeping.  However, when the child decides he's hungry, he goes from completely calm to screaming and doing what we call the ugly cry.  He turns into a sobbing heap and tears pour down his chubby little cheeks like someone is trying to remove his leg.  

I am so thankful I got this little personality with my second baby.  While I still hate to hear my baby cry (as all moms do), its much easier to for me to shrug and know that he's just hungry and will be fed as soon as possible.  In fact, there have been a few times I've had to yell from the laundry room that he'll have to wait all of 4 minutes for me to finish folding a load of laundry.  No, he doesn't tend to listen and calm down to wait patiently for his next meal, but there is NO WAY I would've completed a task while my child was screaming with my first.  Live and learn. :)  In fact, because this baby is so loved and well fed, sometimes it's kind of funny how worked up he gets...
 
I can't wait to see how his little personality develops.  I haven't figured out whether he's just going to be grumpy when he's hungry (a DEFINITE personality trait of mine), or whether he has my short-tempered, Scottish "William Wallace gene," as my sister calls it. Time will only tell, and I can't wait to see what the future holds with this sweet one.

No comments:

Post a Comment